The AirPods Max Shield case protects the headphones whether used with or without an Apple Smart case and meets the requirements of respondents from our survey for a compact, protective professional-looking case with space for several accessories and the ability to activate the headphones in low power mode.
SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB)
December 25, 2020
WaterField Designs, a San Francisco-based designer and manufacturer of sleeves, bags and cases for digital equipment, announces the AirPods Max Shield case. Developed with the contribution of over 1,200 Apple fans, the custom bag combines a grain of leather with wax on canvas or ballistic nylon for a modern look worthy of Apple’s sleek headphones. The magnetic leather butterfly acts as a buffer between the ear cups and drives the AirPods Max into low power mode. When used in conjunction with the Apple Smart Case, the magnets lie flat. Spatially efficient pockets contain cables and accessories, and a luxuriously soft inner cradle AirPods Max.
“When Apple introduced AirPods Max, our community was looking for a new case,” said WaterField Designs owner Gary Waterfield. “So we surveyed over 1,200 Apple enthusiasts to understand their needs, and then we incorporated their feedback into our design. They asked for a case that is compact, protective, professional-looking and capable of carrying several accessories. They were evenly divided regarding the Apple Smart Case; one camp wanted a case that includes an Apple Smart Case, while another wanted a case that completely replaces it and puts the headphones in low power mode. It was an exciting challenge to create a case that satisfies both camps and that addresses their other desires as well. “
Unlike generic cases that are sold as specific to Apple’s new headphones, the AirPods Max Shield case is truly custom-made. The magnetic leather butterfly lies flat when the smart case is placed in the WaterField case, but activates the headphones in low-power mode when the headphones are placed inside. Thoughtfully designed pockets contain a whole range of accessories while maintaining the compact shape of the case. Robust materials, shock-absorbing foam and waterproof zippers help protect the prized headphones.
- Compact and tailored to hold and protect AirPods Max with or without a smart case.
- The innovative magnetic leather butterfly maintains separate ear cups and activates the low-power AirPods Max mode to conserve battery life. The butterfly lies flat when the headphones are stored in the Apple Smart Case.
- A zipper with double sliders with a zipper allows charging in case.
- The upper and lower layers of closed cell foam help to disperse external forces and resist compression.
- The plush lining, soft as a puppy’s ear, backed by extra soft foam, keeps the AirPods Max scratch-free.
- The stretched mesh pocket with leather zipper uses a negative interior space to fit an Apple Power Adapter from 5W to 20W and charging cables and headphones.
- The outer zippered pocket lined with extra cables, AirPods Pro or other small electronic accessories is easily accessible.
- Open, stretchy mesh, back pocket stores iPhone and / or accessories.
- The top nylon loop makes it easy to catch when you carry the holster on your own and attach to the carabiner to attach to the strap or hide the holster in another bag.
- Solid black ballistic nylon or waxed fabric paired with full-grain leather and smooth waterproof zippers help protect the headphones from the elements.
WaterField has been designing and manufacturing custom cases for Apple accessories since Steve Jobs first announced the Titanium PowerBook 2001. The highly functional, luxurious AirPods Max Shield case joins the WaterField case collection for Apple accessories that includes handy bags and sleeves for MacBooks and iPad, Cases for iPhone, Magic Magic Socks and TrackPad, Apple TV Case and Apple Pencil Leather Case. All WaterField products are handmade to strict San Francisco standards.
Availability and prices
Case for AirPods Max Shield
Price: $ 99.
Colors and materials: black ballistic nylon with premium full-length leather in black, blue or crimson. Thin wax cloth with oiled, whole, chocolate skin. Ultra plush inner lining with foam. Closed foam cell inserts. Stretched net (two of three pockets). Waterproof zippers. Custom metal fasteners.
Dimensions: 9.5 x 9 (at its widest point) x 2.25 inches.
Weight: ballistic nylon – 11 oz; waxed cloth – 14.5 oz.
Subscribe now. The first ships in production on December 31, 2020.
About WaterField design
WaterField Designs is an innovative designer in San Francisco and a manufacturer of bags and cases for technologically smart consumers who want to stylishly and responsibly transfer their technology. WaterField manufactures custom, high-quality cases and bags for a range of laptops, smartphones, tablets, gaming devices and other digital equipment. All products are manufactured to San Francisco-based standards. More information at “Our Story.”
WaterField Designs, Magnetic Leather Butterfly and SFbags are trademarks of WaterField Designs. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved.
Share the article on social media or by email: