Police have been summoned nine times to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex Castle in Southern California in the same number of months as it appeared.
The Santa Barbara County Sheriff has responded to calls listed as phone requests, alarm activation and property crimes since Harry and Meghan moved into their home in Montecito with their one-year-old son Archie.
In July, police officers were called four times, with one call listed as a phone request and the other labeled “alarm activation,” all of which happened in the early hours, according to data collected by the PA Media news agency in accordance with freedom of information. A new alert call followed in November, listed as “Misc Priority Incdnt”.
At 4:13 p.m. on Christmas Eve last year, sheriff’s deputies were called after the man allegedly committed the offense. Police officers returned to the mansion on Boxing Day at 2:54 p.m. on a call listed as “property crime.” Nickolas Brooks (37) was transferred to prison for misdemeanor charges and later released.
The most recent call was on February 16 at 2.21, listed as an alarm activation.
Neither Sussex representatives nor the sheriff’s department will comment.
The couple’s security arrangements hit the headlines after their interview with Oprah Winfrey in March.
Meghan, who is pregnant with the girl, said she sent letters asking Harry not to take away his personal protection officers, warning her that he was facing death threats.
Harry said he never thought he would remove the security details funded by the British taxman after the decision to step down from royal duties. “I was born in this position. I inherited the risk. So it was a shock to me, ”he said.
The couple revealed that they had established “privately funded security arrangements” for their move to the U.S., after then-President Donald Trump said his country would not pay for their protection.
Now they are no longer employed by the royal family, they are responsible for the management and costs of their security.