SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Police say they have made no arrests after reports of large groups of minors fighting in Old Sacramento on Sunday night.
Sacramento police said they started receiving reports about the fights around 7:30 pm. Police officers responded to at least three fights within five hours – with a fight involving up to 60 minors.
The incident caused the police to stop letting people enter the Old Sacramento area for a while.
Although at least one person was seen being handcuffed, police said on Monday that no arrests had been made. Some people were arrested, the police said, but those people were then released.
At the end of the night, around 10 pm, the police say they also received a report of a shot fired in one of the parking lots in Old Sacramento. Police responded and arrested an 18-year-old man for carrying a firearm, but no injuries or damage were reported.
More from CBS Sacramento:
It is not clear whether that subsequent incident was related to the previously reported struggles.