New York, April 9, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report “Major Depressive Disorder – Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2029” – https://www.reportlinker.com/p06058303/? utm_source = GNW
MDD is diagnosed only if MDE is not better explained by a psychotic disorder such as schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, schizophrenic disorder, delusion, or other psychotic disorder and if there is no history of hypomania or mania.
The term unipolar depressive disorder is often used to distinguish MDD from depressive episodes that occur along with manic episodes, known as bipolar disorder.
The MDD market is a crowded and competitive market with a large number of products available to treat patients; most of which are available as cheap generic products. MDD products mainly fall into four main categories: SSRIs, SNRIs, other types of antidepressants, and adjuvant therapies.
The SSRI class of drugs is widely considered the gold standard for the treatment of MDD, and so is the most commonly used class of antidepressants.
– Significant growth is expected on the MDD market from 2019 to 2029.
– anticipate that eight drugs will be launched in the late phase of the pipeline in the planned period. They are expected to be the main drivers of growth in the MDD market through 8MM.
– The analyst expects Axsome Therapeutics’ AXS-05 to become the best-selling drug in the MDD market with sales of $ 1.32 billion in 2029.
– Established and new players aim to develop antidepressants and adjuvant therapies with a wide range of different, new MOAs that will allow them to compete in a very crowded market space.
– Pharmaceutical companies are expected to be able to develop drugs that target patients who are resistant to treatment, as well as products that improve remission rates and prevent relapses.
Answer key questions
– What are the key MDD treatments in 2019?
– When will the products be launched at a late stage, and how will this affect drug sales and the overall MDD market at 8MM?
– What unmet needs will remain unresolved in the foreseen period and what opportunities remain for pharmaceutical companies?
– Review of major depressive disorder, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
– Annual revenue from the market for therapy for major depressive disorders, the cost of therapy per patient and patterns of treatment use in three patient segments (mild, moderate and severe) projected from 2019 to 2029.
– Key topics covered include strategic assessment of competitors, market characterization, unmet needs, mapping of clinical trials, and market implications of therapy for major depressive disorder.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing new trends and mechanisms of action in development for the treatment of major depressive disorder. The most promising candidates in the development of phase III are profiled.
– Analysis of current and future market competition in the global market for therapy for major depressive disorders. Insight into key industry key drivers, constraints and challenges. Each trend is independently investigated to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will allow you to –
– Develop and design your licensing and licensing strategies through an overview of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends that shape and lead the global market for therapy for major depressive disorder.
– Increase revenue by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies that are likely to impact the global market for major depressive therapy.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive environment and analyzing the performance of different competitors.
– Identify new players with a potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying market categories and segments that represent maximum opportunities for consolidation, investment, and strategic partnerships.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06058303/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need – right now, in one place.