Do you want a sniper rifle to do great damage in the Cold War and the war zone? Well, ZRG 20mm is for you. This one kills with one shot everywhere except in the legs in the Cold War, and makes up for it with a terribly slow rate of fire. Here’s a guide to requirements and best load for unlocking ZRG 20 mm sniper rifle in war zone and cold war.
On this page:
How to unlock ZRG 20 mm in Warzone
The challenge you will have to meet to unlock the ZRG 20 mm is as follows:
- Earn 2 Longshot medals in 10 different matches with sniper rifles.
It goes without saying that you will want to play Black Ops Cold War to unlock the ZRG 20 mm, if you have one. It will make your life a lot easier. However, if you’re only in Warzone, never be afraid – just launch a sniper charge and try for those cute head kills. This is where my best Kar98k discharge or best LW3 – tundra could come in handy.
If you’re struggling, check out these tips to help you unlock ZRG 20mm faster in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone:
- Stay in the match until the end. If you leave the game after you have won two long medals, your counter will not actually count that match as a comma on your unlock.
- Play in small map mode. Nuketown 24/7 or Miami Strike 24/7 work well for this as long as you find lookouts to ensure those long shots can be hit.
- If you don’t own Black Ops Cold War, embark on a game of robbery in Warzone. Here, it will be much easier to actually achieve those sniper killings because you show up with your load and you have a bunch of chances to kill. Sure, it will take a little more time, but it’s better than buying a brand new game.
- Play in the Cold War Team Deathmatch or Kill Confirmed – These game modes usually take a little less time, so you can remove the whole game faster and move towards bigger medals.
- Make sure you really get a longshot medal. It will pop up at the top of the middle of the screen after you kill.
If you want, you can also buy a ZRG 20 mm sniper rifle. It will cost you 1200 COD points, which in the end is between 9 and 12 GBP, depending on which COD Point package you buy. Looking for Jackpot sniper a package that offers you a “Big Shot” ZRG 20mm draft (which looks really sleek, to be fair), a “Chip of a Million Dollar Chip” charm, a “Big Spender” emblem, and a “Full House” sticker.
The best charge for unlocking the ZRG 20 mm sniper rifle
Here is my favorite charge for unlocking the ZRG 20 mm sniper rifle:
- Primary weapon: LW3 – Tundra
- Secondary weapon: R1 Shadowhunter
- Tactically: Stimshot
- Deadly: Semtex
- Field upgrade: Field Mic
- Perk 1: Flak jacket
- Perk 2: Gearhead
- Perk 3: Ninja
- Wild card: Gunfighter
Your secondary weapon isn’t that important if we’re being honest – I put on an R1 Shadowhunter because I like it and it’s fun to switch to it after a few long shots. Here is a combination of accessories (including Gunfighter) that I use with LW3 – Tundra to unlock ZRG 20mm:
- Optics: Royal & Kross 4x
- Muzzle: Sound moderator
- Bure: 26.5 ”forged hammer
- Body: SOF Goal Marker
- Underbarrel: Bruiser Grip
- Magazine: 7 surcharges
- Handle: Elastic wrap in air
- Stock: SAS combat supplies
Of course, what sniper rifle suits you best, you should use. Some like the Pelington 703 for whatever reason. I guess there is even some wild kid who uses M82 to complete this challenge. It’s all up to you.
How to equip ZRG 20 mm in your charger
The 20 mm ZRG can be found under the rest of the sniper rifles in both the Cold War and the war zone. It will be labeled as the Delta Sniper Rifle, and you can equip it and start leveling it right after you complete that tenth level of challenge.
We will soon have the best ZRG load of 20 mm after a little more play.
Here you are – exactly how to unlock and equip ZRG 20mm for war zones and cold war! It is not too difficult a challenge and it will surely shake things up for the fans there. Low fire rates can be problematic, but it doesn’t matter if you don’t miss out! For more information on RPS, why not check out the latest episode of our Warzone Audio Bang podcast or check out other weapon classes like the best Warzone Assault Riffles in the game.