- You can clear the cache, history, and cookies on your iPhone for Safari to improve speed and performance.
- You can also clear the cache for iPhone apps by clearing or deleting them to free up space.
- When you clear the cache, you may lose some saved data from Safari or iPhone applications, such as passwords and files.
- Visit Insider’s technical reference library for more news.
Apple offers several ways for iPhone users to clear their cache, whether it’s Safari or iOS apps.
When you clean
on iPhone for Safari means that all files, images, passwords and scripts from previously visited sites will be deleted. You can also clear the cache on iPhone apps by unloading or deleting them.
By clearing the cache for Safari and certain apps, you can free up space on your iPhone, improving speed and performance by removing unnecessary app data.
Here’s how to clear the cache on iPhone.
How to clear cache, history and cookies on iPhone for Safari
To clear the cache on iPhone, select Safari in the Settings app and click “Clear History and Site Information.”
Here is the complete guide:
1. Open the Settings app and click Safari.
2 Touch “Clear site history and information.”
3 The device will check once again if you want to delete Safari data. Click on the message that follows.
How to Clear iPhone Cache for Apps |
To clear the cache on iPhone apps, you’ll need to unload them. Unloading the app will free up the storage space that the app uses while still storing its documents and data. If and when you reinstall the application, your data will be restored.
1. Open the Settings app.
2 Select “General” and tap “iPhone Storage.”
3 Select the app you want to unload and tap “Disable app”.
4. In the popup window, select “Turn off app” to confirm your choice. You can also delete the application if you no longer need it.
How to clear the cache on iPhone for apps with a cache feature
Some apps have a cache feature that makes it easy for you to delete them directly in the Settings app. Here’s how to find it:
1. Open your iPhone settings.
2 Scroll until you see the eligible app, then tap it.
3 Look for the “Clear Cache” option. If the switch next to it is green, tap it to clear the app cache.