Pinterest is a social media platform for people whose ideas and inspirations come at a fast pace, allowing them to do everything both quickly and easily in one place.
However, the creative types of absent thoughts who love Pinterest might find themselves in a different conundrum: save the pin, and then forget what it was because of the pin that forced them to save it at all.
Well, don’t worry, because Pinterest has the perfect tool – the notes feature.
Although note pins have been at their peak for some time, Pinterest, which is recording a sharp rise in popularity, has rolled out “Notes to Self,” allowing private notes on boards when discretion is sought, such as saving a gift idea.
How to add notes to the Pinterest mobile app
At this time, you can only add notes to yourself on your iPhone or Android app – these notes are not public and can only be viewed by you and your co-workers on the board.
1. Open the Pinterest app on your iOS or Android device. You can download the app for free in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
2. Navigate to the Pinterest panel where you want to create a note.
3 Tap the plus symbol and tap “Note”.
4. Give a name to your note and enter to record your thoughts. If you’re an Android user, tap the uppercase / lowercase icon to add text. Your note may also contain pins from the board where you make a note or checklist.
5. Tap “Done” to save the note.
How to self-edit notes in the Pinterest mobile app
1. Go to a note by tapping the profile icon on Pinterest and then tapping the note panel.
2. On the iPhone, a note will first appear next to your pins. Touch it to display the note and pins.
On Android, select “Notes” from the list of options below the title of the board and participants.
3 Add, delete or edit text as you see fit. To remove or eject a pin, tap the thumbnail icon (not the pin image) and deselect or mark a new pin, then click “Done.”
How to delete notes yourself in the Pinterest mobile app
1. Reopen the note by first going to the board on Pinterest, where you added the note.
2. A note will appear on your iPhone with your pins. Touch it. For Android, select “Notes” from the list of options below the title of the board and participants.
3 Tap the trash can icon in the lower right corner and confirm when the dialog box appears by tapping “Delete note”.
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you shop through our links.