Frank De Boer’s response is clear after Donny van de Beek disobeyed Man Utd’s advice

Donny van de Beek’s miserable campaign continued as the Manchester United midfielder was an unused submarine during the Netherlands ’4-2 defeat by Turkey in Istanbul.

After moving from Ajax last summer, the 23-year-old struggled to play in the middle of a frustrating first season in English football.

He played a total of just 311 minutes in the Premier League and has failed to start a league game since the end of the year.

That led to a questionnaire about his participation in the European Championship this summer, and the competition on the part of Frank De Boer was intense.



Frank De Boer previously told the Man Utd midfielder to hold talks about the lack of time to play

Speaking earlier this year, De Boer hinted that Van de Beek should talk to the United States hierarchy, otherwise he risks missing out on a place on the Orange team.

“Euro 2020 is coming, he will undoubtedly want to be there. Maybe it would be good for him to talk to the club about what exactly they want with him, ”De Boer said back in January.

“If the view of playing time does not improve, they may have to say that it should be borrowed or even sold.

“You have to be lucky every now and then. Sure, it doesn’t look great now, but with great performance it can suddenly change completely.



Van de Beek was an unused submarine as the Netherlands lost 4-2 to Turkey in their first World Cup qualifier

“We also don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. Maybe they have agreed on his transfer, they will prepare him for next year this season. That always remains a bit of a guess. “

Things have not improved since then, while Van de Beek was limited to cameos in two cup competitions.

And with World Cup qualifiers against Turkey on Wednesday, one of three competitive matches before the start of the tournament, De Boer kept him sitting aside.

This reinforces the frustrating situation he found himself in, with time as the former head of Crystal Palace made the final decision on his 23-member team.



The Netherlands have two more competitive matches before De Boer named his team for Euro 2020

It would be a bitter blow for the 35 million pound man, who will become hot on the heels of his international manager supporting his decision to stay and fight for his place at Old Trafford.

“His situation is more difficult. He is in the early stages of his career. I wouldn’t put in a towel right away either,” De Boer was quoted as saying by Voetbal International. “He still wants to show himself.

“I think it’s a logical step to want to fight on the team. Let’s hope it happens. I didn’t doubt it yet.”

Van de Beek’s suspicions may continue to grow.

* Sign up to email Mirror Football here for the latest news and gossip

.Source