180-degree panoramic leading field with 1: 1 square ratio provides the most complete front entrance protection, with direct mobile calls for faster response
SINGAPORE – Media OutReach – February 16, 2021 – Arlo Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ARLO), one of the leading brands of Internet-connected cameras, today announced the launch of its brand new wireless ringtone, the Arlo Essential Video Doorbell, which brings an award-winning feature to its popular wired video ringtone in an easy-to-install, wireless, battery-powered design . Arlo’s latest solution – which joins a robust ecosystem of home security products and services – captures what conventional video ringtones can’t. The industry-leading 180-degree viewing angle with a 1: 1 square ratio ensures users can see packages on the ground or visitors from head to toe on their mobile devices. HD video resolution, combined with video calls direct to a mobile device, clear, two-way audio and personalized alerts, allow users to quickly respond to guests or take action. Capable of connecting directly to WiFi, the latest solution can be powered by its rechargeable battery1
or be wired for continuous charging2. With an RRP of $ 329, Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wire-Free is now available at major retailers, including Harvey Norman, Challenger, as well as at official Arlo stores in Lazada Singapore and Shopee Singapore.
“In today’s world, having a smart video doorbell on your front door is more precious than ever,” said Brad Little, vice president and general manager of APAC. “Unlike other video ringtones that may lag in response time, our new Essential Video Doorbell Wireless uses the latest hardware and software enhancements for fast and comprehensive tracking. Industry-leading image and sound quality combined with our AI-based subscriber service , Arlo Smart, provide complete front door protection. Users can receive smart notifications and secure, easy access through the Arlo app, allowing them to quickly and easily broadcast live or respond to guests. “
Video calls directly to a mobile device, clear, two-way audio, and pre-recorded instant messaging messages allow for convenient, instant communication with visitors. Traditionally, video ringtones require users to take more steps to review guests and respond to them upon receipt of the notification, causing delays when the user could easily miss their visitor. Arlo Essential Video Doorbell-Wireless solves this problem by sending an active HD video call right to the user’s smartphone after pressing the bell, allowing them to take quick action by setting a response.
Features of the all-new Arlo Essential Video doorbell include:
- 180 ° viewing angle: Optimized for the front door in a 1: 1 ratio so you can see a person from head to toe or package on the ground
- Video call from direct to mobile phone: Directly calls your phone to never miss a visitor
- Multiple power options: Install without wires using a rechargeable battery1, or a cable to an existing wiring for continuous charging2
- Motion and warning detection: Receive alerts when motion is detected
- Angle bracket: Simply adjust the viewing angle to see visitors fully and clearly
- Two-way sound: Listen to what’s important with a clear sound that removes noise
- More ways to answer: Instant messaging messages allow users to play pre-recorded messages for instant response to guests
- Visitor messaging: Guests can leave you a voice message if you cannot answer the door, and you can listen to them remotely when it suits you
- HD video with HDR: Capture vivid detail in bright and dark areas using HDR
- Night vision: See who is at your door at night, even without the light on
- Weather resistant: Designed to withstand heat, cold, rain or sun
- Platform compatibility: Collaborates with Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation and control
- Directly on WiFi: Connects directly to WiFi for easy setup allowing it to function as a standalone home security solution without the need for a separate base station
- Built-in smart siren: Trigger your siren automatically or manually from the Arlo app during the event
- Quiet mode: Temporarily disable incoming calls, Arlo Chime ringtones and / or traditional ringtones
- Notifications that are important: Get alerts when your Essential Video Doorbell Wireless Wire detects people, vehicles, animals, or a package with Arlo Smart via an included three-month trial period with moving 30-day cloud recordings
The purchase of Arlo Essential Video Doorbell-Wireless unlocks a free quarterly test of Arlo’s AI-based subscription service, Arlo Smart. Users will get access to 30-day HD videos to save and watch videos. Notification settings can be customized, allowing Arlo Smart subscribers to fully customize their experience of spotting people, vehicles, animals, or packages3. Fully controlled via the Arlo app, users can easily watch live broadcasts and recordings, adjust their camera settings or access cloud recordings.
For more information on the full range of Arlo smart home protection products and services, visit https://www.arlo.com/asia/.
1 A rechargeable battery lasts three to six months on a single charge
2 If they opt for wiring, users will need existing electrical / wiring on the door with a voltage between 8V AC and 24V AC
3 Custom alerts are available through a free three-month trial subscription to Arlo Smart
About Arlo Technologies, Inc.
Arlo is an award-winning industry leader that transforms the way people experience a connected lifestyle. Arlo’s deep expertise in product design, wireless connectivity, cloud infrastructure and cutting-edge AI capabilities focuses on providing an seamless, smart home experience for Arlo users that is easy to set up and interacts every day. The company’s cloud-based platform provides users with visibility, insight, and a powerful means to protect and connect in real time with the people and things that matter most, from any location via Wi-Fi or a mobile connection. To date, Arlo has launched several categories of award-winning smart connected devices, including wireless Wi-Fi without a wireless network and 4G-enabled security cameras, audio and video ringtones and a spotlight.
With a mission to give users peace of mind, Arlo is just as passionate about protecting users ’privacy as it is about protecting homes and families. Arlo is committed to supporting industry data protection standards designed to keep users’ personal information private and under their control. Arlo does not monetize personal data, provides improved controls on user data, supports privacy legislation, ensures user data is secure, and puts security at the forefront of company culture.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act 1995:
This press the edition contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the 1995 U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act. “,” perspective “,” forecast “or other similar words are used to identify such forward-looking statements. However, the absence of these words does not mean that the statements are not promising. Future statements represent the expectations or beliefs of Arlo Technologies, Inc. regarding future events based on data available at the time such statements are made and include statements regarding: Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wire-Free, Arlo Smart and future Arlo products. These statements are based on management’s current expectations and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including the following: future demand for the Company’s products may be lower than anticipated; consumers may choose not to accept the company’s new product offering or adopt competing products; and product performance may be adversely affected by actual operating conditions. Further, certain forward-looking statements are based on assumptions about future events that may not prove to be accurate. Therefore, actual outcomes and results may differ materially from what is expressed or predicted in such forward-looking statements. Further information on potential risk factors that could affect Arlo and its operations is detailed in the Company’s periodic reports to the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to those risk factors described in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for which ended on 31 December 2019. Given these circumstances, you should not rely excessively on these forward-looking statements. Arlo undertakes no obligation to publicly disclose any revisions to any future statements contained herein to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this Agreement or to reflect the occurrence of unforeseen events.