The Congress of All Progressives (APC) has been working to keep power at the federal level for at least 36 years.
This was said by the president of the party, the transitional-extraordinary national convention planning committee and the governor of the state of Yobe, Mai Mala Buni, who revealed this on Tuesday during a press conference in Abuja.
Noting that the ruling APC should have been in power in order to consolidate in achieving the dividends of democracy it has brought since 2015, he said that the party has decided to establish a high-power committee that will determine strategies and prepare the basis for updating this goal.
Buni noted that the party under his leadership has achieved a lot in terms of its basic mandate to reconcile injured party members and attract new members.
READ ALSO: Akeredolu urges FY to fight insecurity, warns 2020 polls could be jeopardized
“Our vision is to provide a wheel that will lead the party to pass the seventh, eighth and ninth term. “When we succeed in that, the APC will definitely achieve more than what is expected to improve the lives of Nigerians and make Nigeria a great country,” he said as he inaugurated a 61-member party contact and strategy committee at the APC National Secretariat. .
“The Constitution of the Strategy and Contacts Committee should therefore consolidate the achievements we are achieving in building a strong party with a solid structure that would achieve the APC to stand the test of time.
“This committee is therefore very crucial for our process of transition to successful congresses and national conventions and for establishing a very strong, respectable and reliable future for the party.
“The High-Power Committee should be chaired by His Excellency the Executive Governor of the State of Jigawa, Alhaji Badaru Abubakar.”
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE OF THE PARTY SEE BELOW:
Governor Badaru chairs the 61-member APC Contact / Strategy Committee
The National Chair of the Transitional / Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC), HE Mai Mala Buni approved the constitution of the powerful 61-member contact / strategy committee for the APC.
This is part of the CECPC’s ongoing efforts to rebuild and relocate our large party.
The High Power Committee will be opened by the National Chairman of the CECPC, on Tuesday, March 23, 2021, by 2:00 PM at the National Secretariat of the APC.
- H.E. Mohammed Badaru Abubakar – Chairman
- H.E. (sen.) Obarisi Ovie Omo-Agege – member
- HE Alh. Yahaya Bello – member
- N.E. prof. Babagana Umar Zulum – member
- HE Alh. Inuwa Yahaya – member
- HE Engr. Abdullahi Sule – member
- H.E. (honorary) Aminu Bello Masari – member
- H.E. Simon Bako Lalong – member
- H.E. Babajide Sanwo-Olu – member
- N.E. Dapo Abiodun – member
- H.E. (Sen.) Hope Uzodinma – member
- H.E. David Nweze Umahi – member
- HE Alh. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje – member
- H.E. (sen.) Aliyu Magatakarda Wammako – member
- H.E. (sen.) Mohammed Danjuma Goya – member
- H.E. (sen.) Kashim Shettima – member
- H.E. (sen.) Ibikunle Amosun – member
- H.E. (sen.) Mohammed Umar Jibrilla – member
- H.E. Timipre Sylva – member
- N.E. Rauf Aregbesola – member
- H.E. (Dr.) Chris Ngige – member
- H.E. (Sen) George Akume – member
- Abubakar Malami, SAN – member
- Hajia Sadiya Umar Faruq – member
- Mallam Adamu Adamu – member
- H.E. Akinwunmi Ambode – member
- H.E. Mohammed A. Abubakar – member
- H.E. (sen.) Mohammed Adamu Aliero – member
- N.E. Gbenga Daniel – member
- H.E. Sullivan Chime – member
- H.E. (sen.) Iyiola Omisore – member
- H.E. Mamadu Aliyu Shinkafi – member
- N.E. Saidu Dakingari – member
- Rt. Hon. Dimeji Bankole – member
- Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara – member
- Senator Julius Ali Ucha – member
- Senator Ganiyu Solomon – member
- Senator Margaret Okadigbo – Member
- Senator Jibrin Wowo – Member
- Senator Anthony Oduma Agbo – Member
- Senator Robert Ajayi Boroffice – Member
- Senator Mohammed Sani Musa – Member
- Senator Khairat Gwadabe – Member
- Hon. Nkeiruka Onyejeocha – member
- Hon. Abdulrahman Kawu Sumaila – member
- Hon. Usman Mohammed – member
- Mallam Nuhu Ribadu – member
- Hon. Abubakar Lado Suleja – member
- Hon. Makinde Peter Abiola – member
- Hon. Blessing David Onuoha – member
- Alh. Kashim Imam – member
- Ms. Mimi Drubibi Adzape – Member
- Olorugun Emerhor Ortega – member
- Obong Umana Okon Umana – member
- Prince BB Apugo – member
- Chief Ify Ugo Okoye – Member
- Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa – member
- Hajia Hadiza Bala Usman – member
- Princess (honor) Miriam Onuoha – member
- Ideato C. Ideato Environment – member
- Dr. Ikechi Emenike – Secretary
John James Akpanudoehede, Ph.D.
Secretary of State, CECPC